Last updated: July 10, 2018
Fordham Campus Ministry at Rose Hill is seeking a well-trained, energetic, and empowering accompanist and choral director with a commitment to musical excellence and to the full, conscious, and active participation of the liturgical assembly to lead and grow the Gloria Dei Choir (GDC), which ministers each week at the Sunday evening 8 PM Mass. At present, the GDC consists of approximately 20 singers (SATB) and 8 instrumentalists (strings, flute, brass, guitar, etc.). The GDC ministers each week to a largely-undergraduate assembly of around 250 worshipers, using a blended repertoire that spans from Pitoni’s “Cantate Domino” to mid-contemporary (i.e. Haas, Haugen, Farrell) and contemporary (i.e. Maher, Redman, Hillsong) liturgical and choral music.
The ensemble presents a prelude and post-Communion meditation at each liturgy, in addition to singing the full range of hymns and acclamations for the mass. GDC members serve as cantors for the 8 PM and for other university events. The ensemble rehearses once a week and before mass on Sunday. The director typically serves as the accompanist (piano and organ) for the ensemble, depending on the availability of student ministers in a given year. In addition to leading the GDC, the Assistant Director assists the Director of Music with major university events (i.e. Mass of the Holy Spirit, Holy Week, Baccalaureate), as needed.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Coordinating and leading rehearsals and liturgies during the 2017-18 academic year.
- Working with the Director of liturgical Music and student leaders (i.e. librarian, cantor coordinator, music planning coordinator) to ensure the smooth and effective ministry of the GDC;
- Working with student Music Planning Coordinator to plan the music for each semester;
- Creating service sheets/worship aids for weekly liturgies;
- Accompanying the congregation in the celebration of the mass.
- Coordinate an annual GDC retreat in the Fall semester.
Time Commitment: 6:30-9:30 PM every Sunday, plus rehearsals and individual practice, as needed.
- Rehearsal begins at 6:30 PM on Sundays;
- Mass begins at 8:00 PM and ends by 9:15 PM; minimal cleanup required after mass.
- Employment period:2018-2019 Academic Year.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Qualifications: Bachelor Degree in Music or comparable experience in liturgical music.
To apply, submit a résumé and cover letter to: Robert Minotti, Director of Liturgical Music, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Church of St. Bernard in White Plains is seeking a part-time Music Director/Organist to provide music at four weekend masses (which includes one mass in Spanish), as well as parish weddings and funerals. Position includes Direction of Youth Choir and Adult English Choir which practice on Wednesday afternoons and evenings, respectively, and an accompanist for Spanish Choir at Spanish Mass on Sunday. Candidate is expected to play at all parish sacramental services. Ability to sing in both English and Spanish is preferred. Salary will be based on church budget and experience. Interested applicants should send résumé with cover letter to:
Rev. Robert J. Morris
Church of St. Bernard
51 Prospect St.
White Plains. NY 10606
Director of Music Ministry. Part-time. St. Augustine Church, New City.
- 4 Masses – 1 Saturday, 3 Sunday, feast days and director of one choir.
- Weddings and Funerals compensated separately (2017- 94 Funerals and weddings).
- Responsibilities: foster more congregational singing at Sunday Mass; play for and lead the cantor at 4 Masses each weekend, Choir Mass at 10:30 am; recruit, build up and direct one adult choir; train and direct cantors; one annual Christmas Concert; responsible to secure substitute organists when needed.
- Approximately 15 hours per week of work on site.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and education
- Submit résumé and cover letter to email@example.com