Last updated: April 20, 2018
The Church of St. Bernard in White Plains is seeking a part-time Music Director/Organist to provide music at four weekend masses (which includes one mass in Spanish), as well as parish weddings and funerals. Position includes Direction of Youth Choir and Adult English Choir which practice on Wednesday afternoons and evenings, respectively, and an accompanist for Spanish Choir at Spanish Mass on Sunday. Candidate is expected to play at all parish sacramental services. Ability to sing in both English and Spanish is preferred. Salary will be based on church budget and experience. Interested applicants should send résumé with cover letter to:
Rev. Robert J. Morris
Church of St. Bernard
51 Prospect St.
White Plains. NY 10606
Director of Music Ministry. Part-time. St. Augustine Church, New City.
- 4 Masses – 1 Saturday, 3 Sunday, feast days and director of one choir.
- Weddings and Funerals compensated separately (2017- 94 Funerals and weddings).
- Responsibilities: foster more congregational singing at Sunday Mass; play for and lead the cantor at 4 Masses each weekend, Choir Mass at 10:30 am; recruit, build up and direct one adult choir; train and direct cantors; one annual Christmas Concert; responsible to secure substitute organists when needed.
- Approximately 15 hours per week of work on site.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and education
- Submit résumé and cover letter to email@example.com